Ann Wolta Blackstone
My goal with each student is to understand their goals and help them discover the best golf swing to have fun and success in the game of golf. I help them understand the "why" of what they are doing that is not working and together, we find a more successful motion. My main objective is for the student to have FUN in the game of golf!
- LPGA Life Teaching Professional
- 37 years as an LPGA Teaching Professional and 25 years as a "Class A" LPGA Teaching Professional. High School Girls Golf Coach for 5 years and Junior Golf Director for 8 years.
- 2005 Golf Magazine Top Teacher
- 2000 and 1994 LPGA Teacher of the Year
- Chicken Soup for the Woman Golfer's Soul book - story - "Surviving the Challenge"
- Nominated for LPGA Hall of Fame and Colorado Golf Hall of Fame
- Featured speaker on Colorado Women's Hall of Fame PBS series about Babe Zaharias
I am 60 years old and a 3 time survivor of breast cancer! I have 2 children- Bryan 35 and Bre 31. My husband's name is Tom Blackstone.
My golf journey began when I was 10 years old where I played as a junior golfer in Arizona. I played on the girls golf team and earned a scholarship to play golf at ASU.
After college, I moved to Colorado and became an LPGA Teaching Professional and have been teaching golf for 37 years and coaching junior golfers for 8 years. I have been a Head Golf Coach for St. Mary's Academy Girls Golf team for 5 years.
As a breast cancer survivor, I am very involved in raising money for the Colorado Komen affiliation and serve on the board of Hope Held by a Horse which is an equine therapy program for breast cancer survivors. I was the Tournament Director of the Indian Tree Rally for the Cure for 10 years.